It’s been a while since I have posted recipes and I’m sure some of you need to add some spice and variety in your kitchen…well, have no fear! I’m here to share with you a few that I got from The Primal Blueprint Cookbook (by Mark Sisson); which I highly recommend. All the recipes are grain free, packed with protein, healthy fats, and veggies.
First Up…Fried Eggs Over Green Chili Turkey Burgers
The original recipe is not available on his website; all the more reason to go buy the book here. However; there is a similar recipe on Elana’s Pantry. The only thing missing from Elana’s version is the fried egg. And believe me, if you have a protein-loving husband like mine, that’s the part you MUST NOT SKIP. Plus, if you fry the egg where the yolk is a little runny it tastes amazing over the turkey burger!
I served avocado and baked beet, sweet potato, and turnip chips alongside. To make baked veggie chips: Preheat oven to 400; thinly slice the veggies, spray a cookie sheet with Organic Olive Oil Pam; toss the veggies in a tiny bit of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Salt and Pepper. Line on greased cookie sheet and bake for about 30 min or so. (You may also want to flip the chips over half way through) Easy and delicious!
Next Up…Fresh Spinach Salad and Chicken
(this recipe is not from the Primal Blueprint Cookbook)
What You Will Need for the Chicken:
Fresh (NOT FROZEN) Chicken Breasts (3-4)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1. Heat an oven safe pan on the stove top on Medium and drizzle EVOO on the bottom AND Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Meanwhile, sprankle (sprinkle) Sea Salt and Pepper over both sides of Chicken Breasts
3. Place the Chicken in the pan and let it cook on both sides- 3 min each.
4. After the Chicken has been flipped, transfer to the oven and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes, flipping chicken half way through
5. Done and Done!
Fresh Spinach Salad
5- 6 Cups Spinach (depends on how many people you are feeding)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Place Spinach in a large bowl and set aside
2. Spray Organic Olive Oil Pam in pan on stove top
3. Saute over Medium heat; Asparagus (however much you want – about 10 spears cut in pieces) and sliced mushrooms – Make sure the asparagus doesn’t cook too long and is crispy.
4. While veggies are sauteing; slice 1/2 Large Avocado in cubed pieces and add to the bowl with Spinach
5. When Asparagus and Mushrooms are finished add to the Spinach and Avocado mix.
6. Drizzle EVOO and squeeze 1/2 lemon over the spinach-veggie mixture.
7. Sprankle Sea Salt and Pepper
8. Toss all ingredients with your hands
9. Serve alongside Chicken and Eat!