This recipe is quick, tasty, and most importantly super easy. The hardest part is not eating all of the chicken as you peel the meat off the bones. I prefer to use the classic rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods because it contains only: chicken, salt, and black pepper. If you have more time you can always use grilled chicken breasts instead.
Total prep & cook time: ~ 30 min
Serves: About 4-5
Utensils: Bowl, Knife, cutting board, measuring cups
- 1 rotisserie chicken (or 1.5 lbs of grilled chicken)
- ½ cup 0% Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup ground mustard
- ¾ to 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup grapes (halved)
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- True Lemon powder or juice from ½ lemon
- Dissect rotisserie chicken. Remove skin and peel off meat; using both dark and white meat and place in a large bowl (tear into pieces).
- Measure out ½ cup plain greek yogurt and ¼ cup of mustard and combine in a small bowl and set aside.
- Chop and dice celery and halve the grapes. Add both to bowl of chicken.
- Next pour yogurt and mustard mixture over the chicken, grapes and celery and stir until covered.
- Add desired amount of salt, pepper, and true lemon (or juice from ½ lemon) and mix together again.
- Serve over bibb lettuce and garnish with sliced tomatoes and avocado.
Variations: Seasonings: Could make it zesty and add sriracha or season-all. Tarragon seasoning is also great, as well as parsley and/or basil. Other optional add-ins: dried cranberries, slivered almonds, walnuts, diced apple, chopped boiled eggs. For a dairy free version omit Greek yogurt and simply use ground mustard.
Serve chicken salad over Bibb lettuce leaves as pictured above or try it on a bed of spinach, stuffed inside an avocado or bell pepper, between your favorite slices of bread; however you prefer – get creative! And as always, Enjoy!